This is a volunteer position.
The Alliance of Coalitions for Healthy Communities serves as an umbrella organization for 19 community prevention coalitions supporting more than 55 local communities in the SE Michigan region. Through substance abuse prevention, mental and physical wellness, and recovery support programs, the Alliance connects, strengthens, and mobilizes strategic partners to promote healthier communities.
- Chair the Finance Committee: organize and facilitate meetings, and report on activities to the full board of directors.
- Manage, with the Finance Committee, the Board’s review of, and action related to, the Board’s financial responsibilities.
- Work with the President and CEO to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the Board in a timely manner.
- Assist the President and CEO in preparing the annual budget and presenting the budget to the Board for approval.
- Work with the Finance Committee and the President and CEO to develop fiscal policies for recommendation to the Board to ensure the financial integrity and sustainability of the organization.
- Work with the Finance Committee and the President and CEO to develop long-term financial strategies as needed.
- Serve as a primary, information resource to the Board regarding legal, regulatory and sector developments relating to the Board’s financial responsibilities.
- Sign checks and official documents.
- Serve as a member of the executive committee and may assist in developing the board agenda
Candidates should be passionate about our mission of building healthy communities through substance abuse prevention, wellness, and recovery support. The position requires knowledge of nonprofit financial statements, budgets, and practices. Prior nonprofit, board experience is preferred, but not required.
Time commitment: Approximately four (4) hours per month, including board meetings.
Job Type: Volunteer – Part-time
Salary: $0.00 /year