Lead Accountant (Accountant, Lead)
The Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA) is searching for an energetic accountant to take on the role of Lead Accountant. This internal staff position is responsible for assisting the Vice President/Controller in coordinating and directing the work of the accounting department. The right candidate must demonstrate an innovative and collaborative leadership style and possess effective communication as well as strong analytical, technology, and organizational skills.
- Support the controller in the management and completion of accounting processes
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger
- Analyze, research and reconcile accounting issues for compliance with GAAP
- Provide support for budget development and analysis
- Monitor and process all transactions and prepare financial statements related to 501(c)3 foundation
- Data driven; high aptitude for technology; proven track record of executional excellence
- Forward thinking; innovative
- Two (2) to five (5) years related work experience in the accounting field
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business or related
- Ability to work remotely as needed according to MDHHS/MIOSHA guidelines
- Ability to build professional rapport with employees, members, volunteers, business community and other stakeholders and work in cross-functional teams
- Not-for-profit experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP or Sage Intacct software
- Medical with Rx, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k)/Safe Harbor Contribution
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible PTO, vacation, and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development
Who we are:
The MICPA, a not-for-profit organization, is a diversified, professional, member-driven association for certified public accountants and affiliated professionals. With 19,000+ members spanning across several different industries, it is the leading statewide professional organization dedicated to serving its members, the CPA profession, and the public they serve through advocacy, collaboration, and education. MICPA is a recognized leader nationally and among other state CPA societies.
Headquartered in a new modern office space in Troy, Michigan, MICPA is home to a welcoming and inclusive staff who embrace a culture of Joy, Trust, and Innovation with intentional focus on diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. MICPA is committed to focusing on employee experience, health and wellness, continued employee development, and serving their communities. For more information, please visit: www.micpa.org.
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!