II Gather - Event Specialist
- US Work Authorization (Required)
- University/college degree (Preferred)
- Minimum of one (1) year Event Venue Operations/Sales Experience in a high end hotel, catering company or special event venue (Preferred)
- Minimum of one (1) year Customer Service (Preferred)
An Elegant Event Venue located in Auburn Hills, we are passionate about creating exceptional
experiences. We offer 10,000 sq ft of customizable and flexible event space perfectly suited for
weddings, special events, and corporate groups of 10 – 250 guests.
POSITION TITLE: Event Specialist
JOB TYPE: Part-time with options to become Full-time
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: General Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Experience in detailing multiple events for over 200 people
- Experience in detailing multiple market segments - corporate, social, non-profit and wedding events
- Establishes a routine schedule to contact new potential customers, schedules regular follow up with prospective customers, and regularly communicates to General Manager the status of potential bookings.
- Remains available to host tours and presentations at II Gather Venue as requested by prospective customers & General Manager
- Understand the operational flow of the venue and service standards
- Coordinate and attend client layout & detailing meetings
- Create accurate BEOs per II Gather Standards and attend BEO Meetings
- Create accurate floor plans using Event Management Software
- Fulfill day of the event duties
- Coordinate with vendors, exhibitors, and customers during the event to ensure an exceptional experience
- Conducts pre and post event inspections on the day of each event and immediately reports and abnormal situation to General Manager.
- Works in concert with General Manager to assist with tasks required to operate venue.
- Maintains and ensures II Gather strategies and procedures are adhered and executed.
- Proficient in Computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite, CRM Programs
- Require availability to work flexible hours and weekends with reliable transportation
- Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking, written & verbal communication skills
- Contributes to team meetings with ideas and recommendations to increase revenues and reduce expenses.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of food, beverage and décor trends
WORK HOURS & LOCATION
It is expected that the Event Specialist provides for a minimum of twenty-eight (28) hours of productivity per week. Remote and flexible schedules are allowable however, all non-office work-activity schedule/goals will be appropriately communicated in advance with that approval and any alterations there-of are at the sole discretion of the General Manager.
Contact Kim McMillan at 248-724-6282 for more information.