Government Relations Specialist
The Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA) is searching for an energetic, highly organized and proactive individual to join our team as the government relations specialist. This internal staff position supports activities related to public policy-making processes that impact the association and its membership, activities related to ethical inquiries, task force coordination, and provides administrative support to the Government Relations Leader. In addition, effective communication is key in continuing to provide exceptional support to our members through phone, chats, email, etc. The right candidate must demonstrate an innovative and collaborative team-oriented style and possess effective communication and project management skills.
- Coordinate and assist with various legislative outreach programs
- Coordinate PAC solicitations and track fundraising efforts
- Manage ethics inquiries, follow appropriate steps and work directly with committee members
- Coordinate related task force/committee meetings, take minutes, follow-up on tasks
- Review and update government relations webpages
- Track data and prepare monthly reports
- Other administrative duties
- Detail-oriented; project management skills; self-starter; team player
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree (or equivalent of related experience)
- Able to work remotely as needed according to MDHHS/MIOSHA guidelines and travel in-state, as needed
- Able to build professional rapport with employees, members, volunteers, business community and other stakeholders and work in cross-functional teams
- Association or trade/service organization and customer service experience preferred
- Understanding of public policy and legislative activities
- Having legal experience
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Medical with Rx, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k)/Safe Harbor Contribution
- Life and Disability Insurance
- PTO, vacation, and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development
- Culture of belonging, flexible work environment focused on work-life integration
Who we are:
The MICPA, a not-for-profit organization, is a diversified, professional, member-driven association for certified public accountants and affiliated professionals. With 19,000+ members spanning across several different industries, it is the leading statewide professional organization dedicated to serving its members, the CPA profession, and the public they serve through advocacy, collaboration, and education. MICPA is a recognized leader nationally and among other state CPA societies.
Headquartered in a new modern office space in Troy, Michigan, MICPA is home to a welcoming and inclusive staff who embrace a culture of belonging, joy, trust, and innovation with intentional focus on diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. MICPA is committed to focusing on employee experience, health and wellness, continued employee development, and serving their communities. For more information, please visit: www.micpa.org/our-culture.
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!