Contour Windows - General Production
The General Production position(s) performs repetitive assembly operations using hand tools and operates associated machinery and equipment to assist in the manufacturing and assembly of Contour Windows products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers the necessary materials, uses the appropriate hand tools, and operates applicable machinery and equipment in the various plants to support the assembly floor and the finished product while achieving production goals, quotas and objectives.
- Assists in the assembly operations as directed by management to achieve the goals and objectives of CWs.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to appropriate plant personnel including, but not limited to, Group Leaders, or Group Managers or quality control personnel
- Labels finished products to match appropriate paperwork.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations per plant policies and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines.
- This includes, but is not limited to, the use of safety glasses, ear plugs, masks, pants, close toed shoes, and associated safety equipment in order to be on the plant floor and assemble the product, and perform the job duties in a safe and efficient/effective manner; Reports unsafe conditions to appropriate supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Perform repetitive type assembly functions using hand or power tools, and applicable machinery and equipment to assist in the assembly of the CWs product line.
- Retrieve raw materials, semi-finished, and finished products for proper assembly; Must check the quality of material pulled from raw stock and manufactured materials, and assure correct type, amount, and appropriate dimensions for assembly.
- Places materials and parts in specified relationship to each other.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read a tape measure accurately
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend basic verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work in an environment where exposed to moving mechanical parts and machines, vibrations and loud noises.
- Ability to adhere to all safety protocols including OSHA guidelines as mentioned above are mandatory.
- Ability to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally and/or frequently lift and/or move stock, materials and unfinished and finished production-oriented materials in and near their work areas that weigh between 10 and 75 pounds.
- The ability and motivation to learn
- The ability to work in a manufacturing and fast paced environment
- Very energetic and enthusiastic
- Responsible attitude
- Results driven
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed