Contour Windows - Glass Line Supervisor
Glass Line Supervisor
Identify strategic opportunities for improvements within the process/department he/she supervises. In this role, you will develop and improve manufacturing processes and best practices, and be accountable for achieving cost, schedule and productivity metrics by directing the work of the department. The position's primary responsibility is ensuring safety, culture and operational effectiveness using lean manufacturing tactics with a focus on production efficiency. It is an expectation of the Production Supervisor to develop and mentor all employees under their supervision. The Production Supervisor will report directly to the Plant Manager.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the manufacturing process to assure that safety, quality, culture and productivity are maximized.
- Ensure timely and effective communication of key issues to all staff.
- Drive the organization to focus on continuous improvement.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating the manufacturing of products in compliance with company goals and objectives.
- Establishing and controlling conditions of production including quality and maintenance in order to satisfy customer and quality specifications.
- Organizing and directing workflow for satisfying production requirements in a cost-efficient manner.
- Developing and implementing the cost-effective alternatives and improvements to production process.
- Maximizing the efficiency of production lines and ensuring effective employment utilization.
- Management style that focuses on Safety, Integrity, Respect, Principled Entrepreneurship, Employee development and Value Creation.
- Commitment to safety, quality and production in support of company vision.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in manufacturing.
- Prefer background and work experience in lean manufacturing.
- Understanding of ISO Quality Standards.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, manufacturing systems.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards, and compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective communication
- Data analysis aptitude
- Strong technical/mechanical knowledge
- Employee development