Global Manufacturing Buyer - Auburn Hills, MI
Tired of sending your resume into cyberspace? Explore your employment opportunities with the help of The Phillip Charles Group. The Phillip Charles Group has been servicing the local metro Detroit area for the past 30 years and has built incredibly strong partnerships with our clients, candidates and employees. Our client a global manufacturing organization in Auburn Hills is looking for a Buyer. This position will encompass an international supply chain, primarily focusing on electronic and plastic components.
- Negotiate all aspects of supply contracts including pricing, payment terms, logistics, tariffs and volume buys.
- Identify ways to drive reduction in the total cost of acquisition.
- Assist in implementation of new systems.
- Manager the entire sourcing process – RFQ, negotiations, supplier selection, supplier approval, part approval and production release.
- Determine performance failure root cause and pursue corrective actions.
- Communicate supply risk to the management team and implement mitigation steps.
The salary range is between $50,000 - $65,000 with an excellent benefit package. The work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm, with occasional overtime during peak seasons. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The Phillip Charles Group is your advocate whether you are a seasoned veteran or a new grad still trying to determine your career path. We know how stressful and time consuming finding the right job can be. We make it less stressful.
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain, Business
- Experience with Domestic & International sourcing
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven success with improving KPI’s.
Interested and qualified candidates for the opening should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.