Shipping & Receiving Associate
Contour Windows is seeking a Shipping & Receiving Associate who is motivated to work in a fast paced production environment. This individual will manage shipping and receiving for trucks and rail centers while working on-site at our Auburn Hills, MI manufacturing plant.
- Receives goods and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded from railroad cars, trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers’ count and immediately reports discrepancies to carriers, supervisor, and purchasing officer per company policy.
- Verifies and records all items loaded for shipments. Carefully and accurately maintains shipping records for requested categories including goods returned, dunnage, and returnable pallets.
- Maintains database of shipment data to ensure that customer orders are updated and that appropriate billing documents are provided to accounting or other associated departments as required.
- Notifies supervisor of major discrepancies, over-shipments, or substitutions.
- Completes information on damage claims for in-transit damage.
- Transports materials on shipping dock with a hand truck or other vehicle as needed.
- Loads trucks or railroad car using a forklift.
- Performs other clerical duties.
- Ability to accurately sort, count, and verify items received.
- Basic understanding of railway, dock, and/or warehouse procedures.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or inventory software to maintain records, input data, and create reports.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to traverse distribution warehouse and access a variety of storage spaces and shelving units by stretching, squatting, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time. Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures in the warehouse and on the loading dock.
Disclaimer: Contour Windows is an at-will employer and does not offer tenure or any other form of guaranteed employment. Either Contour Windows or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
e are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, national origin, race, color, disability, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation.