Development Director - Accent Pontiac
Title: Development Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Full-Time Employee, Exempt
Compensation: $50,000 - $60,000 annual salary, with generous vacation and benefits packages
The Development Director provides strategic direction and leadership for all aspects of Accent Pontiac’s fund development. The Development Director works collaboratively with the Accent Pontiac Executive Director, Program Director and the Board of Directors. Some evening and weekend commitments are required for this position.
- Fund Development Strategy
- Support the Executive Director, Program Director and Board of Directors in the development of long-range fund development goals based on Accent Pontiac’s strategic plan.
- Annually create and implement a fundraising plan, with a goal of developing effective methods and strategies to increase Accent Pontiac’s overall fundraising effectiveness over time.
- Generate reports to enhance understanding of donors, evaluate current fundraising efforts, and develop appropriate next steps.
- Individual and Corporate Donors
- Develop and manage the individual and corporate giving programs and ongoing donor prospect research.
- Develop and manage Accent Pontiac’s annual fund, with the goal of building a broader individual and corporate donor base.
- Develop and implement new fundraising activities, such as a major gifts program, planned giving, and a monthly donor program.
- Create opportunities for the Executive Director, Board members, and staff to interact with key prospects.
- Generate funder communications.
- Organize direct mail and online donation campaigns.
- Ensure that all gifts are acknowledged and documented in a prompt and appropriate manner.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, plan and oversee
- Accent Pontiac fundraising events, including the Green Bucket Run 5K, signature fundraising event, and Birdies & Beats Golf outing.
- Ensure that the donor database is promptly updated and effectively maintained with accurate and detailed donor records and histories.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Program Director to oversee creation of publications and communications to support fundraising activities.
- Support the Executive Director in grant activities, focused on grant research and proofreading grant proposals prior to submission.
- Provide appropriate leadership and support to the Accent Pontiac Board and relevant committees, including serving as the staff lead for the External Affairs Committee and delivering regular reports to the Accent Pontiac Board.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Strong commitment to Accent Pontiac’s mission of social change through music in Pontiac, MI.
- 3-5 years or more of fundraising experience in a professional position.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to implement projects from conception to completion with minimal supervision.
- Effective planning and organizational skills, with attention to detail and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentations.
- Team player, with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to establish contacts with various corporations, foundations, and donors.
- High degree of professional integrity to deal ethically with confidential information.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Bloomerang or similar CRM, and ability to learn other software programs as needed.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- CFRE or equivalent certification preferred.