Leadership Oakland Part Time Office Administrator
Mission: To develop a network of diverse and influential leaders by exposing them to regional resources and issues, and challenging them to reach their full personal, professional, and public leadership potential.
Position Title: Office Administrator (Part-time)
Supervisor: Executive Director
Office Location: Remote option (temporary) Baker College, Auburn Hills MI
Organizational Summary: Leadership Oakland is Southeastern Michigan’s premiere collaborative leadership experience. Since 1990, we have been providing our Cornerstone Classes the opportunity to grow and enhance vital leadership competencies outside of the workplace. And with over 1400 leaders from corporate, civic and non-profit organizations throughout the community, our graduates have access to a vital network of like-minded leaders to collaborate with and move our community forward.
Position Description: The ideal office administrator is a flexible problem solver with superb communication skills with a detail-oriented mindset. He/she should have prior experience thriving in an administrative capacity in an office environment. Multitasking and the unique ability to deftly handle the unexpected are essential qualities to bring to the position.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensure general support of the office staff, overseeing operational efficiency, effective communications, and other types of strategic and tactical planning
- Maintain facilities management and facilitation of all office functions and services
- Act as primary liaison between the company, staff, and office building management, providing information, answering questions, and responding to requests
- Oversee and achieve organizational goals while maintaining an efficient, productive, and positively cultured office and employee experience
- Warmly greet visitors to our facility; answer and direct phone calls promptly, fielding solicitors/information calls; and maintain office efficiency arranging necessary services and supplies
- Perform a variety of administrative duties, such as generating and distributing internal and external communications, letters, spreadsheets, forms, and faxes; and sorting and distributing incoming mail
- Assist with billing by preparing and sending invoices; maintain client databases; track accounts; oversee the program application and agenda workflow, and assist in copying and distributing production orders and other internal documents as requested
- Update spreadsheets used by staff, production, and field services as requested
- Schedule and track meetings and appointments, and book flights and travel arrangements as needed
- Proven administrative experience
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills and multitasking ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Constant Contact, Google Suite of Products, WordPress, Zoom, and with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Solid interpersonal skills
- 4-year college degree
- Previous success in office management
- Experience managing budgets and expenses
- Experience developing internal processes and filing systems
- Comfortable handling confidential information
- Ability to adapt to changing situations in a calm and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability achieve measured outcomes
This position requires the ability to operate phones, computers and other office equipment, and the physical ability to perform light lifting. This person must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with others. Work its typically performed in an office setting (temporarily remote). This person may be required to travel to various locations throughout metro Detroit and Oakland County, Michigan. Generally, the working conditions have little or no exposure to extreme safety hazards or hazardous materials.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample via email to Thomas J Sommer, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org before July 31st, 2021. This position is part-time with 20+ hours per week to start.
Learn more about Leadership Oakland by visiting www.leadershipoakland.com and following us on Facebook and LinkedIn.