The Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA) is searching for an energetic and adaptable individual to join our team as a meetings coordinator. This position is responsible for coordinating meetings (both in the office and offsite) and implementing some of our professional education events. Effectively communicating with the team, members and vendors is key to provide exceptional support. The right candidate must demonstrate an innovative and collaborative team-oriented style with excellent organization skills and a passion for personal and professional growth.
- Serve as a coordinator for seminars, task force meetings, and MICPA staff events regarding facilities, food and beverage, setup, etc.
- Work with facilities on contracts for events and negotiate appropriately based on MICPA standards
- Coordinate room blocks for in person events and arrange overnights as requested
- Coordinate assigned conferences (in-person, virtual and hybrid) including confirmation of speakers, completing checklists, database entries and leading staff onsite for a successful event
- Provide excellent member service through phone, email and chat
- Maintain inventory of supplies
- Associate’s or a combination of education, training and work experience in event planning required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: One (1) to two (2) years of meeting planning experience preferred
- Communication, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Communicate with other effectively both verbally and in writing
- Build professional rapport with employees, members, volunteers, business community and other stakeholders and work in cross-functional teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Association or trade/service organization and customer service experience
- Medical with Rx, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k)/Safe Harbor Contribution
- Life and Disability Insurance
- PTO, vacation, and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development
- Culture of belonging, flexible work environment focused on work-life integration
The MICPA, a not-for-profit organization, is a diversified, professional, member-driven association for certified public accountants and affiliated professionals. With 17,000+ members spanning across several different industries, it is the leading statewide professional organization dedicated to serving its members, the CPA profession, and the public they serve through advocacy, collaboration, and education. MICPA is a recognized leader nationally and among other state CPA societies.
Headquartered in a new modern office space in Troy, Michigan, MICPA is home to a welcoming and inclusive staff who embrace a culture of belonging through joy, trust, and innovation with intentional focus on diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. MICPA is committed to focusing on employee experience, health and wellness, continued employee development, and serving their communities. For more information, please visit: www.micpa.org/our-culture.
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!