Sales & Business Development Professional
The Michigan Association of CPAs (MICPA) is searching for an ambitious and energetic Sales & Business Development professional to drive expansion of external relationships, ultimately building mutually beneficial solutions and growth of sustainable alternative revenue streams.
We represent more than 19,000 CPA members and other industry leaders working in all sectors of the economy. As a highly visible ambassador for the association, our members and the CPA profession, you will be armed with the full resources, integrity and extensive buying power of this lucrative profession. You will be asked to support and build upon an already impressive catalog of assets, opportunities and engagements, including:
- Customized Educational & Training Programs
- Custom Brand & Marketing Packages
- Lead Generation
- Networking & Targeted Connections
- Develop innovative growth strategies focused on developing mutually beneficial relationships and alternative revenue streams.
- Support growth strategies by conducting research to identify new market verticals, opportunities aligning with the accounting profession and our organization’s mission.
- Sell all aspects of MICPA alternative revenue opportunities, including but not limited to sponsorship, advertising, speaking engagements and education, success skills and training.
- Work with the Business Development team to develop proposals that speak to the client's needs, concerns and objectives.
- Identify and meet with potential new sales prospects; attend Association events throughout the state to recruit prospective new clients where appropriate.
- Proven working experience in sales, business development or a relevant role
- Proven sales track record
- Possess a wide range of interpersonal skills and expertise
- Experience in customer support is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software
- Proficiency in English
- Market knowledge and digital savvy
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management and planning skills
- BS/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field
- Medical with Rx, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k)/Safe Harbor Contribution
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible PTO, vacation, and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Personalized training and development
The MICPA, a not-for-profit organization, is a diversified, professional, member-driven association for certified public accountants and affiliated professionals. With 19,000+ members spanning across several different industries, it is the leading statewide professional organization dedicated to serving its members, the CPA profession, and the public they serve through advocacy, collaboration, and education. MICPA is a recognized leader nationally and among other state CPA societies.
Headquartered in a new modern office space in Troy, Michigan, the MICPA is home to a welcoming and inclusive staff who embrace a culture of Joy, Trust, and Innovation with intentional focus on diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. The MICPA is committed to focusing on employee experience, health and wellness, continued employee development, and serving their communities. For more information, please visit: www.micpa.org.
We are a team of inclusive, passionate, and innovative leaders dedicated to serving our members. We embrace a culture of Joy, Trust, and Innovation with intentional focus on diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. We are committed to focusing on employee experience, health and wellness, continued employee development, and serving our communities.
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed.
Starting compensation, for this attractive earning opportunity, is marketplace competitive (based on candidate experience) and include additional performance incentives.